Tuesday, January 01, 2013

79. Warhost of Vastmark–Janny Wurts

Odd I've read this and the Attolian books back to back because Arithon reminds me so much of Gen the Queen's Thief.  Both are all about complex and secretive plots they are slow to share with anyone.

I'm greatly enjoying this series, although it can get to be a tough read as war is waged across varying landscapes and little is hidden of the horrors of such warfare.

The Curse continues as brother is pitted against brother, the one gathering huge armies to track down and kill his half-brother, as the other jinks and dodges and tries to avoid as long as possible confrontation.

Complex characterization, detailed world-building, and twisty plots abound.

I do have to say I'd like to take the sorcerers out and shake them till their teeth rattle.....

No comments: