Monday, January 21, 2013

6. Moon Over Soho–Ben Aaronovitch

  

For a terrifying moment I thought he was going to hug me, but fortunately we both remembered we were English just in time. Still, it was a close call.

 

Peter Grant, London cop and apprentice magician finds himself drawn into the world of music with a jazz beat. There seems to be a Jazz vampire on the loose. His mentor and master, Nightingale, is laid up from wounds received earlier, so Peter manages to lurch from crisis to crisis mostly on his own.

I really enjoy this series. I want to learn more about the Folly, and Nightingale, and Molly. I’m hoping some of that mystery will be revealed sooner rather than later.

I enjoy the humor and the action and the hits of a hidden world Peter is only now beginning to suspect.

No comments: