Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: Hunting Party

Hunting Party Hunting Party by Elizabeth Moon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed her series Vatta's War, so was looking forward to reading this. She's really good at depicting women in the military, and does a great job of getting the types of thinking that is required of anyone in charge of other people and their health and well being.

Hunting Party didn't disappoint in this regard. This is an older woman in this series, where the heroine in Vatta's War was young and new to the experiences. This time, this woman is seasoned and unhappy about having resigned her commission and missing all that went with it.

I enjoyed the characters and the different settings, although I confess I learned more about fox hunting that I really ever expected to, but as there was quite a bit of character development going on with it, I didn't mind all that much.

The younger characters were annoying at first but definitely grew through the adventures they endured.

If you like military sci fi, give this a try. It's quite different from most of the genre but all the better for that.

View all my reviews

No comments: