Sunday, December 16, 2012

75. Queen of Attolia–Megan Whalen Turner

Oh my!  Even better than the first of this series, The Thief. 

Eugenides is captured again, this time by the Queen of Attolia. When he’s returned (after nearly being hung) to his Queen Eddis, Eddis declares war on Attolia.

Eugenides, meanwhile is badly broken, in spirit and body.  He’s afraid, feels worthless, and is more a danger to himself than to anyone else, although Queen Attolia isn’t convinced, and continues to fear him dreadfully.  As part of her plan to defeat Eddis, she allies with the Mede kingdom outsiders, who want to not only invade Eddis, but control Attolia.

What a terrific book. It’s hard to talk about it without a ton of spoilers, but this series is such a terrific read!  The writing is first-rate, the action constant and exciting, the characterizations are deep and believeable, and the plot twists, wow!

Highly recommended.

 

------------------------------

 

Also, I’ve met my 75 book challenge for the year!  Wow!  Last year, my previous high, was 43. I never expected to read 75 books in one year, and was merely hoping to make 50.  But I’ll take it!

No comments: